Friday, August 14, 2015

How to work with oily skin

Hello everyone! Today I would like to focus on those like me who have really oily skin. First I will talk about a few things to avoid. Next I will talk about the various products you can use for your oily skin to keep oil production low without causing damage to your skin.

The number one thing to remember when dealing with oily skin is that it is extra important for us to wash our face, always in the morning, and always at night. This is especially so for those of us who wear makeup during the day. DO NOT sleep with makeup on your face, you WILL breakout. This comes from experience, myself being stupid and thinking I will be fine if I don't wash my face. How wrong I was....

Anyways, back to the subject. Another step that is really important is a salicylic acid based toner. This should go on your face each time you finish washing your face. However, keep in mind that this is better for those on the oily side. This doesn't include those who have oils but when they wash their face it goes away. This step is for those who have oily skin to the point that when they wash their face it takes care of the surface oil, but doesn't really help in an hour or so, due to oil production. This is because salicylic acid based toners dry up the oils that are under the surface sludge, the oils resting in your pores.

After your cleanser/toner it is really really important to hydrate and replenish your face with a non oil moisturizer. For those of you who have really oily skin, I know what you are thinking. I have been there, and no its not counter productive, it is not an oxymoron. It is actually very simple. Why use a moisturizer? Think about it. What did your cleanser and toner do? It removed not only the surface oils but also the oils inside your pores. That means there isn't any oils left, which means what exactly? It means when you don't moisturize with a non oil hydrating substance that you are actually making it worse.

How? If you take all the oils off your face and don't renew and hydrate, your face thinks it is being attacked and over produces oils. This is because oils not only hydrate, but they also protect your facial skin from the elements. By using moisturizer you replace the protective oils with a new protection that acts like oils, without making you oily. Therefore, when washing your oily face clean, please please please moisturize.

Hope I am doing a good job keeping you all informed!! Keep looking for my posts! I am still here, just slow going at times.

Also don't forget to check out my other blog: Makeup Tips By AY, there are some great tips on how to improve your makeup. Check it out!

I will be back soon, with more stories to tell and information to give. Until then!

Follow me on LinkedIn!

No comments:

Post a Comment