Saturday, June 13, 2015

My Routine

Hi Everyone!

I promised a look into my skin care routine, and here it is!

First off, lets go into some background on my skin and what it was like before I found and started a regimen that works for me. 1. I had zits, not necessarily acne, but headed in that direction. 2. I had major grease, or oil production. Probably from not washing consistently and from the lack of moisture getting to my face. 3. I had tons of black heads in my t-zone. They wouldn't go away!

My skin care routine is a but much for some people, especially if you are new at it. After all, a habit doesn't form until 21 days of the same thing. That's when it becomes a routine. It was hard! it took me about 4 months to get on an actual routine, and I have only been on a skin care regime for a total of 6 months. Its not easy to find what works for you.

Anyways, my routine has two parts: every day, and every week. Here is the products I use every day: 1. MK Time Wise Miracle set
This set consists of three steps. I know your thinking: but there are four bottles! Just wait, we will get to that part. Let's first go over each product in this set and what they are for. Here is my morning routine:

1. Time Wise 3 in 1 Cleanser
What does it do? Put simply, it gets the oil, dirt, and makeup off your face. And it works!! It cleanses deeper than I expected, while being gentle on the skin.

2. Time Wise Age Fighting Moisturizer
This one is pretty basic; it gives your face the moisture it needs, while not over greasing your face. It is light and refreshing on your face.

                                         3. Clear Proof Toner
This is actually not part of the miracle set, I add it for extra oil help.

4. Time Wise day Solution Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 35
This product is a little bit oily, but when combined with the oil mattifier it really helps protect your skin from harmful sun rays.

My night routine is similar, I just switch out step 4 for the following product:

5. Time Wise Night Solution With Retinol
This stuff feels really good. I don't know how effective it actually is for anything other than moisturizing, but it does a good job.

Once a week, usually on Saturdays, I change it up a bit with this product: the Microdermabrasion set. This set is only two steps, plus step one of my daily routine. It goes as follows:

1. Microdermabrasion step one: refine
This really helps get the extra dirt that builds up a little bit. We can cleanse but what we can only do so much with a daily cleanser.

2. Microdermabrasion step two: replenish
This helps make my face soft and clean feeling. It also moisturizes pretty well.

My results? no more black heads, minimum break outs, and so much less oil residue.

Now you know about my skin care routine, time to think about yours!
 I know that to some, this may be a lot to take in. Trust me, going from no routine to this many products doesn't happen over night. However, it is really important to take care of your skin. After all our skin is the biggest organ, and it protects us from the elements. We should want to take care of it.

Tune in next time for the details on how to get your routine going, and some tips to help you kickstart your routine!

I'm on LinkedIn! Check me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment